Looking for a maintenance mechanic / electrical technician to work on Tower Cranes and Hoists. Must have three phase electrical experience, be mechanically inclined and be comfortable working at heights over 100 ft. This is a union position (Operating Engineers) and has competitive pay and great benefits including; healthcare, pension, etc... Advance is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Purpose of Maintenance Mechanic /Electrical Technician:
To maintain and repair Tower Cranes and Personnel Hoists.
Duties of Maintenance Mechanic / Electrical Technician:
* Prepares equipment to be sent out to job sites by inspecting equipment and performing all necessary repairs.
* Diagnose problems with equipment which includes using and understanding electrical prints, diagrams, manuals, and specifications; gathering supplies and equipment; and coordinating work schedules with other areas.
* Assists with erection of tower crane / hoists; setting foundations; assembling and attaching components and parts; establishing power connections; and performing tests prior to placing it into service.
* Assists with dismantling of tower crane / hoists by dissembling components and parts; and disconnecting power.
* Maintains safe work environment by being aware of your surroundings; following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Keep equipment operating by performing preventive maintenance checks, troubleshooting breakdowns and performing repairs.
* Maintains equipment records by completing job reports as required.
Skills/Qualifications for a Maintenance Mechanic / Electrical Technician:
Mechanical experience, three phase electrical experience, ability to read electrical schematics, equipment maintenance experience, ability to work at heights over 100', decision making skills, safety conscious, and problem-solving skills.